Designer 6i "Best Practices" info needed

From: Michael J. Moore <mNiOcShPaAeMl.j.moore_at_wcom.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 16:08:07 GMT

[Quoted] I need to establish the policies and Designer 6i environment for a moderate [Quoted] size project. Many questions occur such as, should every developer be allowed to create their own containers? Should the entire application be in [Quoted] a single container/application, or maybe a single container with several sub [Quoted] containers. If there are sub containers, how much should each container contain? I am worried that with versioning turned on, if everybody is working out of the same container, then additions to the container will necessitate that the container be checked out. Won't this cause hundreds of [Quoted] versions of the container as programmers constantly check the container in and out?

Anyway, these are the kinds of issues that I am interested in discussing. Is [Quoted] there an email list or some place where a group of people are discussing these issues.

If you have any experiences, either good or bad, with setting up the Designer 6i environment I would like very much to hear about it. Thanks,
Mike

Michael.J.Moore_at_wcom.com Received on Wed Nov 29 2000 - 17:08:07 CET

Original text of this message