Forms through a 64K leased line

From: Patrick De Giorgi <pdegiorgi_at_infomaniak.ch>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2000 10:56:46 +0100

Hello !

[Quoted] [Quoted] We are testing Forms 6 through a 64K leased line between Switzerland and Belgium.
[Quoted] The version of Oracle Server is 7.3.4.

The results are ... awful !
[Quoted] [Quoted] When we press enter to send the request, we measured that it sends about [Quoted] 1,5Ko in average, then we wait about 30 s and then we received the answer [Quoted] (also about 1,5Ko).

[Quoted] [Quoted] If we do the same tests on our Lan, the results are normal. Almost no wait [Quoted] between the request and the answer.

[Quoted] [Quoted] We are using TCP/IP through 2 routers (1 Cisco 4000 and 1 Magellan).

Is there a way to use Forms 6 like this but with a normal answer time ?

[Quoted] [Quoted] If no, which leased line speed should we have ?

Thanks,

Patrick Received on Wed Nov 22 2000 - 10:56:46 CET

Original text of this message