Re: View source code

From: <mikkrolewski_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2000 19:29:51 GMT

In article <ypDQ5.830$BN.336942_at_paloalto-snr1.gtei.net>,   "Buck Eskew" <BEskew_at_gte.net> wrote:
> Does anyone know how to extract the original SQL script that was used
> create a view?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Buck Eskew

There are several third party tools that allow one to view/edit views, procedures, functions, and packages along with other useful functions.

They include TOAD : Tool for Oracle Application Development (shareware and commercial versions (about $300? at Quest? )

SQL Navigator : Quest ?? $1250 per chair

SQL Programmer : Sylvian Faust $1250 per chair

I have used all 3. All have good and bad points. They all are vastly superior to Oracle's provided services.

In the case of SQLProgrammer, it also supports other databases from within the same GUI. I personally like the debugger in this one.

If one is developing PL/SQL or actively modifying the database schema, I cannot image working without at least one of these tools. Even if you only occasionally have to dwell into the database, they are worth the price tag.

Michael Krolewski

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Nov 17 2000 - 20:29:51 CET

Original text of this message