Re: Project Builder

From: Eric Givler <egivler_at_flash.net>
Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2000 04:00:30 GMT

> 1. Has anyone used this with Oracle Developer 6i? When I started to put
 in
> all my items then picked tools:delivery wizard, the option to "Deliver
> locally and create an Oracle Installer Script" is Greyed out. Any body
 else
> experience this?

Ignore this question. I need to have File Packager loaded which was mistakingly missing from Developer 6i (base and patch), and unfortunately, only found in the 6.0 toolset which is not multi-home compliant, and I haven't loaded Dev6i into the oracle default_home. ARGH.

> 2. When I add reports objects (rdf), the node "Reports Builder Document"
 is
> added but no "Reports Builder Executable". Ideas?

This is a bug in the Global registry in Project Builder. There's a note on metalink about this.

> 3. When I click on Ctrl-T or "Build Selection" button on a form, I get an
> information dialog: "No items were built". What's up?

I was doing this on the FMB file and not on the FMX. That doesn't make sense to me -- you'd think you'd click the FMB and select Build to build the FMX... Oh well.

> 4. When I attempt to open a form, right click and select Edit, it opens
 the
> form and can't find referenced objects (or libraries). Should I be placing
> ALL SOURCE in one path, with the project file in there too, and then using
> shortcut to startup Project Builder, *or* putting the path in the
registry??

This was solved by doing exactly what I said... Just putting everything in one path, and setting that path as the working directory for a Project Builder shortcut to my application "deploy/staging" area.

> 5. The BUILD option for the module type of FMB says "Convert from Text"
 and
> when I try Edit Type, the build Action "display in popup menu" is
 selected.
> However, if I right click a form builder document, I see NO "convert from
> text option". I DO get the CONVERT To Text option (The SCRIPT action).
> Ironically, both have the same HOTKEY. (which is also used by "c"opy)

Not sure what's going on here.

> 7. How can I specify a different output directory for the BUILT modules.
> They are defaulting to the directory containing the project file? I see
> this when I turn on Project: Action Preview mode, the output_file
 parameter.
> Also, if I turn this on and Select a Build all, there's NO WAY to stop ALL
> OF THE DIALOGS being displayed for each module - what if I want to QUIT in
> the middle of this.

Haven't fixed this either. Seems like I could add a macro to define another output path somewhere, but haven't read enough about it. Anybody have any more input on this tool? Received on Sat Nov 18 2000 - 05:00:30 CET

Original text of this message