Re: Basic SQL problem.

From: Eric Givler <egivler_at_flash.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 17:58:18 GMT

I had similar problems with SQL*Plus 3.3 - it appears to lose the current working directory. I think when you start it up, and try to do a file open, the working directory is \orant\plus33, EVEN if you setup a shortcut for the program. If you switch working directories via trying to open a file, then keep running scripts from there with the _at_ command or get/save, things are ok, BUT, if you happen to pick the File:open option again, you are switched back to \orant\plus33.

This was SO annoying that I switched to SQL*Plus 8.0 included with the 8.0.6 Client install, and now I don't have that problem.