Re: Forms6i - Spare broswer window on exit

From: Connor McDonald <connor_mcdonald_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2000 20:21:48 +0800

ekophyne_at_my-deja.com wrote:

> We have converted our Forms 3 app to Forms6i and are running
> MS Internet Explorer 5.0 & JInitiator 1.1.7.2.7 on Windows NT4.
>
> We want to run the app outside of the browser, and so we have
> specified 'separateFrame=TRUE' in formsweb.cfg.
>
> This works well, except for when the user exits the app.
> The app window closes, but the browser stays open - displaying a big
> useless grey box.
>
> I notice that appletviewer leaves a dos window behind as well
> Does anyone have a solution?
>
> Thanks in advance.
> Sincere apologies if this appears twice.
>
> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

No real solution, but you can use a meta keyword to have it return to a (say) a header page so it looks a little neater..

<head>
</head>

Connor McDonald
http://www.oracledba.co.uk (mirrored at
http://www.oradba.freeserve.co.uk)

"Early to bed and early to rise,
 makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise." - some dead guy