Property values in Set_property_item (Forms 6)

From: tonybrown_at_onetel.net.uk <tonybrown_at_onetel.net.uk_at_onetel.net.uk>
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2000 11:02:16 -0000

I am trying to create a form that has labels which I would like to make customisable. I want to store the settings in a table and then when the form loads read the table and set the labels. The problem is that I would like to choose the property item as well as the values.

When I call set_property_item the call has a var, a number and then a var. The number is the property item e.g. visible, enabled, value etc.

Oracle substitutes a number when a value is entered in the number field e.g. It knows that "visible" is a number to be used. I am storing the property item as a character string e.g. "Visible" and want to know how we get that into the syntax for the set_property_item.

I assume that the best way is store the property item is as a number instead of a character string but cannot find the list that Oracle uses for the numbers.

Is there such a list and if so where is it.

Alternatively is there another way of doing it?

If anyone knows what I'm talking about and can suggest an answer would you please email to tb_at_aretesoftware.co.uk as I don't often scan the newsgroups and the request is quite urgent.

Thanks in Advance

Best Regards

Tony Brown Received on Sat Nov 11 2000 - 12:02:16 CET

Original text of this message