Re: How big should shared pool size be for WEBDB ????

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2000 15:00:05 +0100

Hi Peter,

IIRC the minimum is 60M. On other that, if you only have 128M physical RAM in that server, you are working with a too large SGA, which will result in paging and faulting on O/S level. Oracle's guideline is to use no more than 25 to 33 percent of physical memory for the complete SGA, so db_block_buffers, shared_pool_size and log_buffers. You are aware 7.3.4 will be desupported soon?

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA