Re: XML parsing using PL/SQL

From: Ira D. Baxter <idbaxter_at_semdesigns.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2000 09:29:46 -0600

We haven't done this in PLSQL before.
But we have tools that can generate language-specific XML parsers, and we could customize it to generate PLSQL. You could then run a PLSQL module to parse a collected XML document. A bit more customization, and it could extract just the fields you want.

I can send PowerPoint slides showing roughly how this is done, if you want.

Ira Baxter, Ph.D., CTO idbaxter_at_semdesigns.com 512-250-1018x140 Semantic Designs, Inc., www.semdesigns.com FAX 512-250-1191 12636 Research Blvd #C214, Austin, Texas 78759