Re: Oracle's precompiler for embedded SQL in COBOL

From: <sigdock_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2000 08:29:20 GMT

Michael,

if I'm not mistaking (it's a long time ago that I used Pro*COBOL) the use of hyphens (-) in host variables is not allowed. Try replacing them by underscores (_).

h.t.h.

BertJan Meinders
Oracle DBA
ASR-ICT In article <RLsL5.390$pi7.1356_at_newsfeed.slurp.net>,   "mdb" <michbar_at_penn.com> wrote:
> I am trying to use embedded SQL in COBOL on an alpha machine running
 Oracle.
> When I run the precompiler (procob) it comes back with the error -
 "invalid
> host variable :w-last" (:w-last being the local cobl variable defined
 in
> working-storage). If I can't move any data from the DQL statements
 into
> local COBOL variables so I can work with it, then I sure can't do
 much.

> all my programs used to run using SQL and RDB as the database before
 DEC
> went belly up and compaq bought them, then sold RDB to Oracle who then
> killed it.
>
> Is there anyone who has any idea as to what I should be looking for
 to solve
> this problem? Our computer center knows nothing about oracle and
 hired
> someone else to come in and install it. Did they not install
 something that
> I need to do this? Thanks for any help you can give me...michael
 barrett

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Oct 31 2000 - 09:29:20 CET

Original text of this message