Oracle's precompiler for embedded SQL in COBOL

From: mdb <michbar_at_penn.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2000 00:34:46 -0500

[Quoted] I am trying to use embedded SQL in COBOL on an alpha machine running Oracle. [Quoted] When I run the precompiler (procob) it comes back with the error - "invalid [Quoted] host variable :w-last" (:w-last being the local cobl variable defined in [Quoted] working-storage). If I can't move any data from the DQL statements into [Quoted] local COBOL variables so I can work with it, then I sure can't do much.

[Quoted] all my programs used to run using SQL and RDB as the database before DEC [Quoted] went belly up and compaq bought them, then sold RDB to Oracle who then killed it.

Is there anyone who has any idea as to what I should be looking for to solve [Quoted] this problem? Our computer center knows nothing about oracle and hired [Quoted] someone else to come in and install it. Did they not install something that [Quoted] I need to do this? Thanks for any help you can give me...michael barrett Received on Tue Oct 31 2000 - 06:34:46 CET

Original text of this message