designer6i install problem

From: ivo zaenen <ivzae_at_gengenp.rug.ac.be>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2000 17:57:54 +0200

Hi,
[Quoted] [Quoted] I have a problem with the installation of Designer6i. Apparently the installation is working correct. However after the installation you have to install a Repository by means

[Quoted] of the Repository Administration Utility. When I start the installation [Quoted] (Install/Migrate/Upgrade->Install-> Start) I get the message CDR-21207:Executable file not found.With some additional explication to check the the paths for the executables in the registry(by means of Check Requirements) When I check this I find no path for the EXP.EXE or IMP.EXE
[Quoted] or SQL.EXE files . Trying to install those products by means of the Installer
is not possible since apparently everything is installed. So according to me I am missing those files and I can not find them when I do a search
for them .
[Quoted] I am working on a Wind98 system that is connected tom WINNT4 server with Oracle816
[Quoted] on it. I first removed the Oracle client software before installing Designer6i
otherwise I had difficulties with the oracle homes.

I thank you in advance for any help on this problem.

Ivo Zaenen
Lab Mol. Genetics
Univ. Ghent
Belgium Received on Wed Oct 25 2000 - 17:57:54 CEST

Original text of this message