Re: designer6i install problem

From: <cmxu_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2000 14:55:46 GMT

You need to install Oracle 8.16 Server client in the same machine using different Oracle home. The Exp.exe and Imp.exe are in the Oracle 8.16 server client. Also, you need to change the registry to let them work (see install menu).

Tim.

In article <39F70302.B803741C_at_gengenp.rug.ac.be>,   ivo zaenen <ivzae_at_gengenp.rug.ac.be> wrote:

> Hi,
> I have a problem with the installation of Designer6i.
> Apparently the installation is working correct.
> However after the installation you have to install a Repository by
 means

> of the Repository Administration Utility. When I start the
 installation
> (Install/Migrate/Upgrade->Install-> Start) I get the message
> CDR-21207:Executable file not found.With some additional explication
> to check the the paths for the executables in the registry(by means of
> Check Requirements) When I check this I find no path for the EXP.EXE
 or
> IMP.EXE
> or SQL.EXE files . Trying to install those products by means of the
> Installer
> is not possible since apparently everything is installed.
> So according to me I am missing those files and I can not find them
 when
> I do a search
> for them .
> I am working on a Wind98 system that is connected tom WINNT4 server
 with
> Oracle816
> on it. I first removed the Oracle client software before installing
> Designer6i
> otherwise I had difficulties with the oracle homes.
>
> I thank you in advance for any help on this problem.
>
> Ivo Zaenen
> Lab Mol. Genetics
> Univ. Ghent
> Belgium

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Sat Oct 28 2000 - 16:55:46 CEST

Original text of this message