Re: Question about installing designer.

From: Van Messner <vmessner_at_bestweb.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2000 00:55:18 GMT

    What Sybrand suggests will work. To do those steps, you'll blow away your existing database.

    The problem is that Designer thinks the default Oracle home has been "used up" and it requires the default home to be available for itself. If you feel like playing around there are three or four changes you can make to the registry so that Oracle no longer thinks the default home is gone.

    Back up your registry, then play awhile. Start in hkey_local_machine / software / oracle / all_homes.

Van