SQL*loader: loading 4 tables parallel?

From: Carsten Jacobs <carsten.jacobs_at_tool42.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 17:26:28 +0200

Hallo,
I have to load data into 4 tables.
[Quoted] I'm using a shell script which sequentially starts the SQL*Loader four times.

Then I changed the script in a way that it starts each loader process in the backgroud
so that they are running parallel.

My intention was of course to speed up the load. But the performance isn't much better than the sequential load. Each loader process now needs more time. I guess it is because all tables are on the same tablespace and all the processes have to share the resources (controller).

I don't use direct path load because Oracle resides on NT and the SQL*Loader is startet on Linux.

Can I expect a faster load if the tables are on different tablespaces on different harddisk?
Is there anything else to do to gain perfomance?

Thanks for any help or suggestion

Carsten Received on Wed Oct 18 2000 - 17:26:28 CEST

Original text of this message