Sequence Question using Developer

From: remove_this_to_send <dniel>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2000 13:39:07 -0500

[Quoted] I'm currently using Developer Rel 2.1 Win NT against an Oracle 8.0.5 database installed on a remote machine. I have an application that has several tabs that contain datablocks. Each tab contains one parent datablock with it's related child tables. On one of my parent datablocks
I use a sequence for generating new records as well as another sequence for a child table within the same tab. The problem I am having is that when I run my form, and begin to go through the parent records (via down arrow key or next_record icon button on menu bar) my child datablock seems to go out and grab the next value in it's sequence. Both parent and child use different sequences. They also are fire with the trigger WHEN-CREATE-RECORD, but only at their respected data-block level. Does anyone know why this happens?

The code I have for my trigger (WHEN-CREATE-RECORD) is BEGIN
SELECT spar_sequence.nextval

       INTO :SERV_PROV_AREA_RESTRICTIONS.SP_AREA_RESTRICT_SEQ
       FROM dual;
     end if;

END; Even when I am not entering in a value the child datablock keeps going out and getting a new sequence and displaying it, as it wants to keep trying to insert a new record. Received on Tue Oct 17 2000 - 20:39:07 CEST

Original text of this message