Re: Developper 6 and Oracle 7.3.4

From: John Alexander <jalexander_at_summitsoftwaredesign.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2000 01:44:36 GMT

You can use Dev 6.0 with 7.3.4, but it will run slower, and you will probably encounter bugs that don't occur against Oracle8. Which bugs you encounter depend on which features you are using.

Among other things, one of the issues you will encounter with Oracle 7 is: The owner of a stored procedure used by a form when the form is compiled needs to be the owner's name of the procedure when the form is run. Example: In one schema, user OPS$TEST is the owner of all the stored procedures. In another schema, user OPS$PROD is the owner. At compile time part of the information about the procedure that the form stores contains the procedure's owner, and it will look for that when it goes to run the procedure. Forms compiled against the OPS$TEST schema may fail when run on the OPS$PROD schema.

John Alexander
www.SummitSoftwareDesign.com