do I have to use the Net8 Client in order to use the Oracle Provider for OLE DB?

From: Jason Gabinet <jason.gabinet_at_nospam.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 15:38:49 -0400

I'm thinking that's probably a goofy question. I've recently had to rebuild a server (i.e., re-install NT, IIS 4.0, etc.)

I was curious to know if I had to install the Net8 Client in order to access an Oracle database via the Oracle Provider for OLE DB. I downloaded the latest Oracle Provider (v8.1.6.2.0) today, and Net8 client is bundled into the install, but thought I'd ask anyway...

TIA Jason Gabinet Received on Thu Oct 12 2000 - 21:38:49 CEST

Original text of this message