Resources for SQLPLUS & reporting

From: <billmil_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Mon, 02 Oct 2000 15:10:18 GMT

[Quoted] Can anyone recommend tips-and-techniques resources for using sqlplus to generate reports? I use the manuals (user's guide and reference), but would like some "notes from the real world" resources.

I've been using sqlplus for over six months and use it to generate reports e-mailed out daily to our admin users. I still haven't figured out, however, it's many nuances and limitations.

(For example: right now I'm trying to generate one file which lists the results of two separate sql statements--first one, then the other. I tried using the TTTILE command between the two sql statements, to clearly delineate between the two statements. The results don't match my expectations.

Any suggestions?

thanks in advance.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Oct 02 2000 - 17:10:18 CEST

Original text of this message