Commit-problem in forms / no data found question

From: Stefan Röhle <roehle_at_mail.uni-mainz.de>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2000 09:59:37 +0200

[Quoted] Hi there,

[Quoted] [Quoted] I have constructed a form using form builder. My problem is that when I use SQL-commands like 'insert' or 'delete' they are not executed - only if I add 'commit_form' afterwards, but then the action is performed twice! Since I want to manipulate my data with SQL commands and not with the "build-on" functions I would like to know what to do in order to switch off the automatism so that a 'commit_form' command only executes my SQL commands.

Second question:
When no matching data is found, the message appears only in the 'status bar' in the lower left corner. I'd like an alert window to open when no data is found. Can this be done in the 'exception' section of pl/sql code? Or do I have to use a trigger?

Thanks

Stefan Röhle

PS: Please answer via email as well because our news-server loses articles after a really short time... Received on Thu Sep 28 2000 - 09:59:37 CEST

Original text of this message