Re: Commit-problem in forms / no data found question

From: DanHW <danhw_at_aol.com>
Date: 29 Sep 2000 04:20:25 GMT

>Hi there,
>
>I have constructed a form using form builder. My problem is that when I
>use SQL-commands like 'insert' or 'delete' they are not executed - only
>if I add 'commit_form' afterwards, but then the action is performed
>twice! Since I want to manipulate my data with SQL commands and not with
>the "build-on" functions I would like to know what to do in order to
>switch off the automatism so that a 'commit_form' command only executes
>my SQL commands.

If the timing of the statements you are doing is "normal", then put your statements in the ON-INSERT, ON-UPDATE, or ON-DELETE triggers. (Not normal would be doing an insert on a POST-CHANGE for example)

These replace the normal operations on the block's base table with what ever you put in [typical example - have a view; the ON-UPDATE could update several tables]. These fire, then the normal commit and no obnoxious messages.

HTH
Dan Hekimian-Williams Received on Fri Sep 29 2000 - 06:20:25 CEST

Original text of this message