ops$ accounts under windows

From: <ekophyne_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2000 15:50:41 GMT

Hi
I have a query about ops$ accounts on Windows NT4.

We are upgrading our Forms 3.0 / HP Unix 10 system to be a web-enabled app (Forms 6i within MSIE 5.0 on Windows NT4) running against Oracle 7.3.4.1.0 on a HP Unix 11 machine.

The forms 3 app calls a number of sql scripts, and relies on the ops$ name of the unix user-login to connect to the database.

The user-logons for the PC and Unix box are entirely different, and leaves me a bit baffled about how to securely prompt for (& store) a username/password when the app starts-up within the browser.

[Quoted] To put it another way, if Fred Bloggs PC-username is bloggsfred, and his oracle account on the unix machine is ops$fredbloggs, how can I tell oracle that bloggsfred should access the database as ops$fredbloggs?

Thanks in advance

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Sep 25 2000 - 17:50:41 CEST

Original text of this message