Capturing synonyms in Designer

From: Manfred Boerkel <manfred.boerkel_at_de.heidelberg.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2000 18:29:42 +0200

I'm trying to capture the design of an database using a DDL. The tables have the form:

CREATE TABLE USERNAME.Tablename ( field DECIMAL(15,4), ....);

When I try to capture the definititin of a SYNONYM:

CREATE PUBLIC SYNONYM Tablename FOR USERNAME.Tablename;

I get the following error:

CDS-18010:A Synonym and a Table with the same name "Tablename" have been asked to be created.

The User USERNAME is a User in the database in Designer. How is it possible, that the table Tablename is created for this user in his schema?

Thanks
Manfred Received on Fri Sep 22 2000 - 18:29:42 CEST

Original text of this message