Re: Looking for UML tool for Oracle Forms

From: <microgold_at_pipeline.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2000 17:36:05 GMT

Hi Jacob,

Send us a sample of the form and we'll see if we can construct a VBA script to reverse it into UML using WithClass 2000. WithClass 2000 is a flexible UML tool that allows you to write scripts for both generating and reverse engineering any oo code. A free trial version can be downloaded at http://www.microgold.com

Mike Diamond
Technical Support
MicroGOLD Software Inc.
http://www.microgold.com

In article <aylv5.468$SN6.35597_at_news4.giganews.com>,   "Jacob" <jacmads_at_hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I am currently trying to get a good overview over an existing large
 system
> made in Oracle Forms 4.5 and migrated to 6i. I have done some testing
 with
> Oracle Designer 6i to see, if I could reverse-engineer the system and
 create
> some useful diagrams from it, on which I could see any specific
 detail of a
> form; that is, what LOVs are used, what PLLs are used, and eventually
 on
> which other forms the form depends. I'm an experienced UML modeler
 with a
> solid background in using Rational Rose, but I have not been able to
 make
> this kind of diagram in Designer - all I've found is the Module
 Diagram,
> which I don't find sufficient for this purpose.
>
> Does anybody know how to make UML-like diagrams in Designer or of any
 3rd
> party tools capable of doing this?
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Jacob
> jacmads_at_hotmail.com

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Sun Sep 17 2000 - 19:36:05 CEST

Original text of this message