How To Get Developer 6.0 And Oracle DB To Talk To Each Other ORA-12514 ??

From: Greg Teets <gteets_at_rr.cinci.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2000 13:54:31 GMT

[Quoted] I have finally gotten Oracle Developer 6.0 successfully installed on my machine. In order to accomplish this, The database is in home ORA81 and Developer is in home Orant. The two cannot talk to each other now.

When I try to connect from Oracle Forms, I get the following message:

        ORA-12514 TNS could not resolve service name.

Please tell me how to fix this in as much detail as possible. I am using Windows NT 4.0 workstation. The installer required Oracle and Developer to be in different home.

Thanks in advance. Received on Tue Sep 12 2000 - 15:54:31 CEST

Original text of this message