Re: How To Get Developer 6.0 And Oracle DB To Talk To Each Other ORA-12514 ??

From: Martin Vonk <m.w.vonk_at_chello.nl>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2000 18:23:11 +0200

Hi,

[Quoted] 3) A TNSNAMES entry needs to be created in the tnsnames.ora file for the new Oracle 8i installation. You can find the file in: d:\orant\net80\admin\tnsnames.ora
A default entry will look like this:
alias.world
(DESCRIPTION
(ADDRESS_LIST
(ADDRESS
(PROTOCOL = TCP)
(Host = )
(Port = )

)
)
(CONNECT_DATA = (SID = )

)
)
For example, if you installed on a machine with a HOSTNAME of TEST, a SID named ORA8I, on TCP/IP with port 1521, and an alias of NEW, you would create the following entry:
NEW.world
(DESCRIPTION
(ADDRESS_LIST
(ADDRESS
(PROTOCOL = TCP)
(Host = TEST)
(Port = 1521)

)
)
(CONNECT_DATA = (SID = ORA8I)

)
)

4) If you manually created the entry, save and close the tnsnames.ora file. You can now connect to the local database instance of 8i using the DBSTRING as NEW. For example, you can connect as scott/tiger_at_NEW.

HTH Martin

Greg Teets <gteets_at_rr.cinci.com> schreef in berichtnieuws 39be4321.25826616_at_news-server...