Simple (?) newbie question

From: <pracdead_at_home.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2000 01:24:15 GMT

[Quoted] Just running Oracle on my home network and i have a few manuals that has let me get installed and create a database and actually get an instance going. Now that I have gotten this far I want to try to backup my system. Could someone give me an idea on how to create a backup script both open and closed as a >BATfile (I'm running this on windows) I'm pretty weak on DOS but from reading the literature I have I think I should use some sort of echo command in this script? I don't really understand how echo works. Also, the books say I should add to the script a V$ command in order to select the datafiles, controlfiles, logfiles and tablespace views I want to backup. can this all be included in the script to make it just run with no input from me other then just running this .bat file? I would appreciate any help with this, even just what not to do. I'm not real worried about screwing it up as it's just for my little home thing that I have not trusted to keep info on yet. Just a learning hobby right now. Received on Mon Sep 11 2000 - 03:24:15 CEST

Original text of this message