Re: Running browser in Forms

From: Stefan Kursawe <skursawe_nospam_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2000 00:55:27 GMT

Hi Joost,

one possible way is to search for the file association in the Windows Registry:
get the file association from HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT for .htm or .html, which normally returns "htmlfile", then search in the same registry folder for shell -
open - command, which returns your browser association. The you simply concact this command string with the URL.

HTH
Stefan

"Joost Bataille" <bataille_at_ic.uva.nl> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:8oefnp$lhn$1_at_news.surfnet.nl...
> Hello everybody,
> I'd like to start a webbrowser from within a form; there's a field with an
> URL in it and by clicking a button I'd like to start the default browser
> with the URL (I'm running Forms 4.5 on NT).So far I've tried
> win_api_shell.winexec with a full path to start Internet Explorer. That
> works but I've got to get the browser path from the Windows registry.
 Where