Running browser in Forms

From: Joost Bataille <bataille_at_ic.uva.nl>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2000 21:50:21 +0200

Hello everybody,
[Quoted] I'd like to start a webbrowser from within a form; there's a field with an URL in it and by clicking a button I'd like to start the default browser with the URL (I'm running Forms 4.5 on NT).So far I've tried win_api_shell.winexec with a full path to start Internet Explorer. That works but I've got to get the browser path from the Windows registry. Where [Quoted] can I find the default browser? And then, how do I pass the URL in the form [Quoted] to the browser? Any help would be appreciated. Joost Bataille, Oracle developer. Received on Mon Aug 28 2000 - 21:50:21 CEST

Original text of this message