Re: Getting 'No changes to Save' After Commit in Forms?

From: Luis Cabral <luiscabral_at_starmedia.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2000 11:19:45 GMT

Hello

In PL/SQL, Forms translates COMMITs to COMMIT_FORM procedure, as well ROLLBACKs to CLEAR_FORM procedure.

If you want to do a *database* commit or rollback, you can use the package DBMS_TRANSACTION:

dbms_transaction.commit;
dbms_transcation.rollback;

Of course, these do not commit or rollback data in the form itself.

In article <8o3dml$rf6$1_at_slb6.atl.mindspring.net>,   "Amanda Zaborowski" <azaborow_at_mindspring.com> wrote:
> I have developed a form to insert info into a table...it is inserting
 the
> data into the table just fine (when I do a select in SQLPlus, all
 data is
> there), with a procedure that selects from a table, then inserts this
 data,
> along with data that the user has entered, into another table.
> Unfortunately, it seems, after the commit in the procedure, Oracle
 tries to
> do another save, and I end up getting the error 'FRM-40401 - No
 changes to
> save.' Also, if I include an error checking statement in the form
> (:ERR_MSG_DISPLAY := SQLCODE), it not only gives me the error above,
 but
> then goes further, and gives the generic message 'Unable to
 INSERT'....

> I hope this is clear, and that someone could tell me how to get rid of
> whatever Oracle is doing in the background to cause these messages.
 I had
> asked an instructor about this previously, in a Developer class, and
 his
> answer was 'Don't worry about that message.' If I had only known the
> problems this would cause!!!
>
> Thanks so much in advance - I am at my wits end!
>
> Amanda

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Aug 25 2000 - 13:19:45 CEST

Original text of this message