Re: OAS408x installation

From: Mr. Chow Wing Siu <wschow_at_Comp.HKBU.Edu.HK>
Date: 22 Aug 2000 14:35:37 GMT

Verna Legaspi <vlegaspi_at_uswest.net> wrote:
> I've got 4081 installed on both Solaris 2.6, 2.51 and Linux RedHat 6.2.
> There's some things I'd like to note:
> * The Solaris 2.6 install works - for the most part. We have some issues
> with applications using both LiveHTML & PL/SQL cartridges.

I tried to install the PL/SQL toolkit application. The OAS manager said it has such thing, but the applications said that it cannot be started up. Is it normal?

> * I haven't installed any of the "extras" such as the toolkit, logger
> tables, etc on Solaris 2.6

If there's no "extras" application/cartridge, how OAS be used?

> * I installed the toolkit on Solaris 2.51 - seems to work fine

Same as the above, the red flag is normal? How to start it up? I tried to use 4082, the installation part for those toolkit/logger has few error, is it a cause to make it not work?

> * I installed the toolkit also on RedHat 6.2 - but it likes to go into the
> SYSTEM tablespace for both it's default & temporary. I'm not sure if this
> is just something I overlooked, because it installed on the correct
> tablespaces on Solaris 2.51.
> * Also - I can't seem to get any pl/sql applications to run on the RedHat
> 6.2 install. Probably because it's not supported, yet?
> HTH,
> Verna

The situation is that when I click the database browser: 1. It searches the xxx.mydomain.com (I supposed to have *.comp.hkbu.edu.hk)

   and when I mannally changed the domain in the URL, the OAS drags    it down and logs wrb.log that the node's virtual memory is 0. 2. It does on Redhat 6.2 and Solaris 7. Both OS have the (1) problem.

   Are there any missing, install PL/SQL toolkit, change PL/SQL parameter,    install DAD, grant DBA privilege, install the rest of application/database    browser.

Please make any clues.

--
Johnson Chow