Re: Gosh, I don't know what to order

From: Van Messner <vmessner_at_bestweb.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2000 22:25:08 GMT

One of the reasons to move to 8i is to obtain more capabilities than you had in 7.3. In terms of what to order, it depends on what you want to teach. The enterprise edition has the most sophisticated stuff (parallel server, etc.) if your courses go that far. If you're going to use Designer/Developer might as well go for version 6 (or 6i if you feel like being a beta tester...oops I mean a pioneer). If you're going to get involved with web delivery of database information you might want to grab OAS 4.0.8.2 (or iAS if you feel like being a beta tester...oops I mean a pioneer). You will receive the new Enterprise Manager with 8.1.6 and you can request it separately with 8.1.5. All 8i products ship with RMAN and 8.1.5 ships with Legato, I think. That should cover a fair number of courses.