What is in the journal entry Reference columns in OA Financials?

From: Mike Dwyer <dwyermj_at_co,larimer.co.us>
Date: 2000/08/10

I am trying to extract information from the journal entries in our Oracle Financials general ledger. The GL_JE_LINES table includes several Reference_n columns that contain values from subledger transactions - Accounts Payable, Purchasing, etc.? I have been able to map some of these back to the AP module, for instance, Reference_1 as vendor name on many 'Payables' JE_Sources.

But, in the same source, Reference_2 provides an Invoice_ID (linking to AP_INVOICES_ALL). I reached this conclusion, however, only by a trial and error effort. There must be an easier way! Besides, trial and error is unlikely to reveal any conditions where this mapping is false.

Where could I find documentation mapping the GL Reference_n columns back to the original source data columns of the subsidiary applications? One would expect to find this in the Technical Reference Manuals, but GL only maps back to the GL_Interface table, and AP does not describe what it puts there.

An answer to this newsgroup will be appreciated, but even more so would be a direct email to dwyermj_at_co.larimer.co.us. Thanks so much! Received on Thu Aug 10 2000 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message