WEBDB: where-values w/ right-end spaces?

From: Jim Lewis <pojpl_at_ais.ucla.edu>
Date: 2000/08/10

Anyone know how to work around WebDB's apparent failure to properly handle the use in "where" clauses of char field values that do not completely fill the field length -- e.g., have trailing spaces on the right end?

I've tried using 'rtrim(col1)', 'translate(col1,' ','%')', and even 'substr(col1,1,length(rtrim(col1)))' !

If I pick a value that happens fill the entire length of the field, it works fine in the "where" clause. A value that does not fill the field, and is right-padded with spaces, results in no rows returned.

Anyone else seen this, or have I managed somehow to screw this up?     Received on Thu Aug 10 2000 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message