Re: Partitions

From: Toni Graf <graf27_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/08/07

I use partitions for maintenance and fast-loading large database tables. The mechanism is full transparent. There are a few of new statement-enhancements i.e. (select .. from <table> partition <name>..). So you don't need any views.

In article <398ebdb2.260093390_at_news.iwc.net>,   amerar_at_unsu.com (Arthur Merar) wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm kind of new to Oracle 8i and to this whole partitioning concept.
> I have a question about hash paritioning.
>
> In normal range partitioning, if I want to reference a certain
> partition in PL/SQL, I need to create a view. How does this work with
> hash paritioning since you have no control over the actual range
> values?
>
> And along with this, how does this concept work with sub partitions???
>
> Please cc a copy to my e-mail.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Arthur
> amerar_at_unsu.com

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Aug 07 2000 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message