SQLPlus problem (ORA-01033)

From: Glenn Moodie <glennm_at_i2.co.uk>
Date: 2000/07/26

[Quoted] I'm running Oracle 8i on NT4, but I have the following problem:

  1. Run sqlplusw.exe (in <Oracle product>/Ora81/bin), with system/manager, but no connect string. System returns error:

Oracle ORA-01033: ORACLE initialisation or shutdown in progress

Program goes back to login.

2) Run plus80w.exe (in <Enterprise Manager>/bin), with system/manager, but no connect string. Connects with no problems.

It appears that something has been corrupted, but why the difference with sqlplus and plus80?

[Quoted] What I'm really trying to do is import an Oracle dump file (from 'exp'), but [Quoted] this also refuses to recognise the username and password when I run

>imp system/manager file=abcd.dmp log=import.log

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Glenn. Received on Wed Jul 26 2000 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message