Re: how to change a record's status from insert_status to changed_status ?!!

From: Matt B. <mcb_at_fightspam.sd.znet.com>
Date: 2000/07/26

"sam" <sam_eh_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message news:397ECE03.C71A6A27_at_hotmail.com...
> hi
> i want to change a record's status from insert_status
> to changed_status but every time i use :
> set_record_preporty(1,'column_name',status,changed_status);
> it give me an error message :(FRM-40742 illegal status conversion insert
> to changed)
> is there any other way?
> thanks

I don't believe there is.

Just curious - what are you trying to do? Changing a record from INSERT to CHANGED would make Forms generate an update statement rather than an insert statement.

If you're trying to intercept Forms' standard processing to have it update a record rather than insert one, use an ON-INSERT trigger instead:

declare

    v_dummy varchar(1);
    cursor mycursor is
    select 'x'
    from mytable
    where <key_column> = :MYBLOCK.KEYCOLUMN     for update of SOMECOLUMN;
begin

    open mycursor;
    fetch mycursor into v_dummy
    if mycursor%found then

  • Update the record update MYTABLE set columnname = :MYFORM.COLUMNNAME, othercolumnname = :MYFORM.OTHERCOLUMNNAME where current of mycursor; close mycursor; else
  • continue with standard processing close mycursor;
  • Forms built-in "insert_record" will insert
  • the record as usual insert_record; end if; exception when OTHERS then if mycursor%isopen then close mycursor; end if; end;

HTH, Matt Received on Wed Jul 26 2000 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message