Design Question

From: Michael Hassey <mikeh_at_b2bexplorer.com>
Date: 2000/07/25

[Quoted] I have a design question / Survey for all dba who have dealt with multi-language sites via OAS.
So, I have a series of packages that I now want to display in N number o f
languages (N is forecast to be _at_ 7)
Do I,
1.Separate all the message text (buttons) etc. from the code, store it i n
a message table and call it to paint the screen for the users preferred

language?
2. Run multiple statically translated packages, one version for each language and call THAT at run time?

Have you come up against this?
Concerns are performance vs. maintainability. Your thoughts, suggestions most welcome and appreciated.

Mike