Designer 6i Installation

From: Pete <pete_at_nospmkolton.nospmkaroo.co.uk>
Date: 2000/07/09

I had an Oracle 8.1.5 EE running on my machine - Windows NT WS 4.0 with SP5.

I had Designer 6.0 running on it with no probs.

I have just tried installing Designer 6i onto the machine and when trying to [Quoted] [Quoted] [Quoted] [Quoted] start up the Oracle Service get the error...
"The procedure entry point kghsstdrv could not be located in the dynamic
link library orageneric8.dll"

I then decided to use this opportunity to upgrade to Oracle 8.1.6, assuming that reinstalling the database would fix any probs. [Quoted] [Quoted] [Quoted] Now when I try and start the Oracle service, I get the error...
"The procedure entry point slzgetevar could not be located in the dynamic
link library oracore8.dll"

I found oracore8.dll in another oracle home I had set up - tried changing oracle home to that before starting up and got a similar error referring to oracommon8.dll; although a version of this also appears in the same Oracle Home.

Any ideas?

What I will probably do is remove all Oracle products and registry entries and start again by installing Designer 6i into DEFAULT_HOME (\orant) and then installing Oracle 8.1.6 into a new oracle home. Received on Sun Jul 09 2000 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message