Re: Oracle Ifs

From: Ralf Zwanziger <goldensurfer_at_gmx.de>
Date: 2000/06/28

Hi Mario,

>We are planning to implement Oracle iFS to our application. Has anyone
>encountered any problems with Oracle iFS? Are there any issues or
>unknown bugs discovered? Basically, I need to know your little story
>(good or bad) about the product.
we plan to use iFS in our company. I found some things that should need a fix, for example: if you use the search function in the web browser, and the searched words occur in several files (but in different directories), the result screen shows only the file names without directories... so you may find several readme.txt files but you don't know which one belongs to which directory. Also, in the web interface, it is only possible to search the whole iFS file system, not only special paths.
The worst thing I found out is that there is almost no literature about iFS, except a few pdf files that come with oracle. Bye,
Ralf Received on Wed Jun 28 2000 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message