F45 question (not for Sybrand Bakker the social misfit)

From: <pol15_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/06/21

FIRSTLY, SYBRAND. [Quoted] AS I AM IN NO DOUBT THAT YOU ARE READING THIS, PLEASE MAKE NO ATTEMPT [Quoted] [Quoted] [Quoted] AT ANSWERING THE QUESTION BELOW. THIS IS FOR 2 REASONS .....

  1. I HAVE READ A FEW OF YOUR ATTEMPTS AT ANSWERING ORACLE FORMS QUESTIONS, AND YOU ARE TO SAY THE LEAST, TOTALLY INEPT IN THIS SUBJECT AREA.
  2. YOUR HAVE A PERSONALITY DISORDER OF THE FIRST DEGREE WHICH PROBABLY [Quoted] DATES WAY BACK TO YOUR CHILDHOOD EXPERIENCES. AT A GUESS, YOU WERE SEXUALLY ABUSED BY YOUR MOTHER OR FATHER, BUT I MIGHT BE WRONG.
TAKE A PIECE OF ADVICE SYBRAND. UNLESS YOU CAN CONTRIBUTE TO THIS NEWSGROUP WITHOUT EXPOSING YOUR REPUGNANT CHARACTER, I SUGGEST YOU GO [Quoted] AND USE YOUR MANY LONELY HOURS DOING SOMETHING THAT DOESN'T INVOLVE INTERFACING WITH OTHER HUMAN BEINGS. YOU NEED NOT READ ON. Question

I have developed a Form that has a "tabular" base table block (15 rows) [Quoted] on the main canvas.

I have a "when-mouse-doubleclick" trigger on the above base table block, which presents the user with a modal window showing more detail [Quoted] of the record that was double-clicked.

The user is allowed to make changes to the details in the modal window, [Quoted] and when pressing "OK" the changes are saved to the database. The modal window is then automatically closed at that point and the user redirected  back to the main base table block using the "go_block" builtin.

[Quoted] The problem I am having is that, upon returning to the main base table block, the currently selected record (ie. the one that was doubleclicked)  is not refreshed to show the changed details that were made in the modal window.

[Quoted] If, upon returning to the main base table block from the modal window, [Quoted] I re-query the block (by issuing an "execute_query"), the currently selected record is changed to the FIRST record in the block. This is not ideal because I need the focus to remain on the record that was double-clicked.

The only thing else I thought about was using the "next_record" builtin [Quoted]  to navigate back to the original record from the first record after [Quoted] an "execute_query". This is again not ideal, as it is can take a noticable time if there are a lot of records in the block, and it is also visible to the user.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Pol.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Jun 21 2000 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message