SQL, PL/SQL debugging tools?

From: <rmarkd_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/06/08

[Quoted] Hello All,

I'm going to purchase a GUI app to do SQL queries and PL/SQL coding, as well as query extracts.

What I need is this:
*Color coded SQL: statements like FROM, SELECT,
etc. are colored differently.
*Color coded PL/SQL: similar to above.
*Ability to extract records with variable
delimiters. (I'll settle for CSV with textqualifiers,  but it'd be nice to delimit with
"|" or whatever I want)
*Database interface like SQLNavigator (most
tools seem to have a similar interface)
*SQL 'playground': One of the nice things about
SQL Navigator is I can write multiple SQL statements on one screen, then highlight the one I want to run. Makes it much easier when having to run
*Consistent connection: (we have problems
connecting via Access)
*decent help file: okay if online, but would
really like "F1" type help, where you can select the function, press F1 and it will go straight to that help section.
*PL/SQL debugging (though not necessary)
*Graphical "execute plan" layout, like in SQL
Navigator (though not necessary, but would like to have)

Basically, I've used SQLNavigator and like it. Don't need all the bells and whistles (don't need the query optimizer, for instance). So, why not use SQLNav? At $600 per seat, it's above our price range (this isn't central to our business, just a luxury item)

I've looked at:
IDB Consulting - SQL Object (something) which didn't have export data capability outisde of a log.
Embarcadero - RapidSQL which is more expensive than SQLNAv.
AllaroundAutomations - Pl/SQL debugger which looks promising so far.

Can someone suggest other programs fitting the criteria above, or better yet point to a website that has comparisons of such programs?

Thanks in advance,
Mark
rmarkd_at_mail.com

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Jun 08 2000 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message