Oracle 8.1.6, DEC Alpha UNIX config question

From: Brett <uhuh_freebs_at_tampabay.rr.com>
Date: 2000/06/03

Hello,
I'm looking for someone who might have a similar configuration and have the Oracle hot backups working under these conditions.

I'm using Compaq/DEC UNIX 4.0.F and Veritas' Netbackup (the machine is server and client) but cannot get the hotbackup to kick off properly. It tries and fails with apparent permissions problems, though I've got the files/dirs turned wide open (chmod 777).

In addition: There is at issue, whether a recent relink of Oracle was necessary to accomplish hotbackups using the Veritas software.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Brett Received on Sat Jun 03 2000 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message