Re: Oracle Reports 2.5 Printing Problems

From: John Blackburn <John.D.Blackburn_at_transport.qld.gov.au>
Date: 2000/05/30

Ira Rosen <IROSEN1_at_email.mot.com> wrote in message news:392D441B.3F1CCA71_at_email.mot.com...
> John Blackburn wrote:
>
> > In the system parameters section, try changing the default value of
 DESTYPE
> > to PREVIEW
> >
> > Ira Rosen <IROSEN1_at_email.mot.com> wrote in message
> > > I am developing several reports using Reports 2.5 on Solaris 2.6. When
> > > print the reports using the default settings for the DESFORMAT,
 DESNAME
> > > and DESTYPE parameters, the Reports application responds that I did
 not
> > > run the report with DESTYPE=PREVIEW. I know that this message has
> > > something to do with mapping of fonts between the display and the
> > > printer. Nonetheless, I still can print the report, but I'd like to be
> > > able to do so without the error message. Is there any combination of
> > > DESFORMAT/NAME/TYPE (or any other) settings that will allow me to view
> > > the report on the display and print the report without any error
> > > messages?
> > >
> > > Thank you for your help.
> > >
> > > -Ira Rosen
> > >

> John,
>
> Thank you for your response. Unfortunatetly, I missed an entry in my
 original
> submission. When I set DESTYPE=PREVIEW in my report and ran the report, I
 had
> a problem with output (perhaps because of the font remapping). Each line
 of
> output from my report was written to its' own page and some of my field
 label
> values were resized and overlapped with other field labels upon output. I
 was
> unable to find a way around these problems.
>
> -Ira Rosen

Mmmm....

This could be a printer definition problem.

What sort of printer are you using?

and does it have an entry in $ORACLE_HOME/guicommon2/tk23/admin/uiprint.txt

Also, When I am developing in reports 2.5, I always have DESTYPE=PREVIEW, and I adjust the size of objects so they don't get chopped off when previewing.
I have MODE set to BITMAP, and I'm printing to a HP LaserJet 5M. I have the following entry in my uiprint.txt file:

abacus_lp1:PostScript:2:Development HP Laser Jet 5:hplj5m_4.ppd:

the file hplj5m_4.ppd needs to exist in
$ORACLE_HOME/guicommon2/tk23/admin/PPD

Cheers,
John. Received on Tue May 30 2000 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message