Re: Oracle Reports 2.5 Printing Problems

From: Ira Rosen <IROSEN1_at_email.mot.com>
Date: 2000/05/25

John Blackburn wrote:

> In the system parameters section, try changing the default value of DESTYPE
> to PREVIEW
>
> Ira Rosen <IROSEN1_at_email.mot.com> wrote in message
> > I am developing several reports using Reports 2.5 on Solaris 2.6. When I
> > print the reports using the default settings for the DESFORMAT, DESNAME
> > and DESTYPE parameters, the Reports application responds that I did not
> > run the report with DESTYPE=PREVIEW. I know that this message has
> > something to do with mapping of fonts between the display and the
> > printer. Nonetheless, I still can print the report, but I'd like to be
> > able to do so without the error message. Is there any combination of
> > DESFORMAT/NAME/TYPE (or any other) settings that will allow me to view
> > the report on the display and print the report without any error
> > messages?
> >
> > Thank you for your help.
> >
> > -Ira Rosen

John,

[Quoted] Thank you for your response. Unfortunatetly, I missed an entry in my original [Quoted] submission. When I set DESTYPE=PREVIEW in my report and ran the report, I had [Quoted] a problem with output (perhaps because of the font remapping). Each line of [Quoted] output from my report was written to its' own page and some of my field label [Quoted] values were resized and overlapped with other field labels upon output. I was [Quoted] unable to find a way around these problems.

-Ira Rosen Received on Thu May 25 2000 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message