Re: ENCRYPT and DECRPYT Procedures in Oracle

From: Klaus Zeuch <Klaus.Zeuch_at_erls04.siemens.de>
Date: 2000/05/24

8i Release 2 offers 56 Bit DES encryption with package dbms_obfuscation_toolkit:

dbms_obfuscation_toolkit.desencrypt(input_string => v_info, key_string => v_key_string, encrypted_string => v_encrypt_string)

with v_key_String = user's key to encrypt

dbms_obfuscation_toolkit.desdecrypt(input_string => v_encrypt_string, key_string => v_key_string, decrypted_string => v_info) decrypts the information. If user can't remember the key: bad luck!!!

Klaus

Tom Zamani <tomz_at_redflex.com.au> schrieb in im Newsbeitrag: 8gfu3f$9pi$1_at_perki.connect.com.au...
> As far as I know there is no encryption functionality available to users.
> You need to write you own methods.
> There are some functions available like TripleDes ... which can do 128 bit
> encryption.
> I do not know where you canfins it.
> I had the functions writen in C and using external procedure could execute
> them.
> Tom
>

> Ven <vkumar_at_servicelane.com> wrote in message
> > Hi guys,
> > I have seen these EMails before but don't have it when I need it. How
 do