Oracle's e-commerce site is not secure

From: Ramon F Herrera <herrera_at_MIT.EDU>
Date: 2000/05/22

[Quoted] The Oracle Store is NOT secure.

I have been trying to order one of the $200 developer tracks for several days now. When you reach the point where you are ready to place the order, sometimes you see the message that tells you that the session will become secure, sometimes [Quoted] you don't see this message. HOWEVER, in either case, the secure lock icon at the bottom of the window (I use only Netscape) will NOT become locked at any time.

Therefore: if you purchase anything your credit card information will be sent unencrypted, for all those hackers out there to see.

Anyone knows if I can order the e-store items by phone?

-Ramon Received on Mon May 22 2000 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message