Re: CSV's - what's the Oracle Idiom?

From: Ken Van Allen <kennyv_at_digisys.net>
Date: 2000/05/19

Thanks, Bob.

I ended up writing a small Java class to parse the CSV file, and calling that from the PL/SQL stored procedure. That works well enough, with the Java code performing the inserts into the table itself - no line limit that way. I wanted to accomodate a couple of other upload file formats with a more generic interface (notably, XML), so it works better for me to do so.

Again thanks for your help - I'm sure I will have occasion at some point to put your suggesting of an external procedure to work.

Kenny