Re: CSV's - what's the Oracle Idiom?

From: Bob Fazio <rfazio_at_home.com.nospam>
Date: 2000/05/19

[Quoted] You can't actually shell out, but you can call an external procedure, which [Quoted] could be setup to call sqlldr.

But does the stored procedure have to be the one to start sqlldr? Why not have a job on the system call the stored proc, and when it is done then call sqlldr?

--
Robert Fazio, Oracle DBA
rfazio_at_home.com