Re: Experiences with T.O.A.D.?

From: Martin Rapier <m.rapier_at_sheffield.ac.uk>
Date: 2000/05/19

> "Carsten Jacobs" <carsten.jacobs_at_tool42.com> wrote in message

> > I'm looking for developers and/or DBAs who have experiences with the
> > third party product T.O.A.D.
> > I really need a comfortable tool, to develop PL/SQL applications,
> > administer and monitor the database.
> > If you have some experiences whith T.O.A.D, just let me know. It can be
> > very short like: good, ok oder bad.

TOAD isn't much use for realtime monitoring, but it is fine for browsing around schemas, tablespaces, hacking tables etc and some of the features (like schema differences) are quite nifty.

For doing PL/SQL I prefer a text editor and Sql*Plus, but then I'm a Luddite. The Developers at our place like TOAD a lot and use it for PL/SQL development constantly.

Cheers
Martin. Received on Fri May 19 2000 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message